Monday 11 July 2011

Home made pizza


I forgot to buy pizza in my weekly shopping and had spent over my budget to set about making my own using the following recipe. It was very, very easy and tasty too plus the kids could add their own toppings to suit  their tastes.
  • 375g flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 7g (1/4 oz) dried active yeast (I use Tescos fast acting yeast)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 225ml (8 fl oz) warm water (45 C)
Sift flour add salt, sugar ,yeast, olive oil and water. Mix into a dough ball. Leave in a warm place with a tea towel placed over the bowl until expanded to twice the size.  Grease a tray and press dough into the bottom. Spread tomato puree, cheese and other toppings of your choice. Cook until lightly browned in an oven at 180 C. Serve with salad.
This really is a fool proof recipe and tastes just as good as shop bought pizza but is far less expensive. Why not give it a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment