Ingredients300ml/10fl.oz. Warm Water
1 teasp Active Dry Yeast I use Tescos.
350g/12oz Plain Flour/ wholemeal whichever you prefer
2 teasp Salt
2 teasp Olive Oil, plus a little extra
1. Place the warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the yeast and stir to dissolve.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl then add the yeast mixture and olive oil and mix to a dough.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface, knead for 5-8 minutes until smooth and elastic, then form into a ball and place in an oiled mixing bowl, cover with tea towel and leave in a warm place for about an hour to rise to approximately twice the size.
4. Preheat oven to 220C, 425F, gas Mark 7. Turn the risen dough onto a work surface, divide into 8 pieces and form each piece into a ball. Roll into the traditional eye shape using flour to dust rolling pin and prevent sticking.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes until puffed and light brown.